Sue Levi’s Election Pamphlet Submission!!
· Resident of Alaska since January 1966
· Resident of the District for 21 years
· Graduate of UA Fairbanks, 1973
· State of Alaska , Dept of Corrections:
Probation /Parole Officer; Pre-Sentence
Investigator and Writer
· Alaska State Senate/Finance Committee Staff
· Community & Regional Affairs, Deputy Director, Division of Housing Assistance/Rural Housing Loan Program
· Alaska Energy Authority – Special Assistant to the Executive Director & Legislative Liaison
· Alaska Industrial Development & Export Authority (AIDEA) Economic Development Coordinator
· Presently – Investment Advisor Assistant, Woodbury Financial Services
I have a wide range of experience in government and private sectors. I know how to balance a budget without losing services, protect workers’ rights and support quality education. We need a serious reboot along with increased revenues in Alaska, as well as new faces in the Legislature. We can accomplish this together. I know I can contribute my well versed professional and life experiences in pursuit of these goals.
In my former campaign I walked every precinct listening and learning while chatting with voters and their input was invaluable. I am continuing to reach out and exchange with voters in this campaign. What has been shared as priorities is funding to provide excellent public education for pre-K through 12th grade, a well-funded university system & access to technical training, affordable healthcare; improved public safety & safe neighborhoods for our families; increased mental health and drug & alcohol treatment services; small business assistance & a healthy diversified economic development and good paying jobs and protect our Permanent Fund.
Now, more than ever, as we have recently faced economic uncertainty with the onset of the COVID-19 dilemma coupled with continuing fiscal challenges, we need to think long and hard who we are choosing to make vital decisions. Blazing new pathways and making honest decisions based on matters of principal will go a long way towards ensuring Alaskans a more stable, secure and vibrant economic future and better quality of life for future generations.
So, where do we go from here? Good government depends on the election of leaders who are passionately dedicated to working for the best interests of all citizens in the tradition of our Alaska Spirit of shared values and responsibility. I can honestly commit to you, I will always choose in the “public’s interest” rather than that of “special interest.”
I would be honored by your vote. We can do this together!
You can ask me specific questions on my positions at firstname.lastname@example.org.